With both Spectrum’s working, I decided on a few upgrades before calling it a day. Both of the cover plates are beyond fixing so I decided to buy replacements. The keyboard membrane on the Issue 4 also decided to give up during the final stages and needed replacing. Both of these were easy to fit and only took a few minutes.
I decided to upgrade both with switched power regulators. These are much more efficient and remove the need for the heat sink. Spectrums are well known for getting warm so anything you can do to reduce this will help future-proofing
With that done I declared them both finished, don’t they look good 🙂